Issues in the Focus of our Experts
Fichtner’s engineers and consultants concern themselves with many questions and tasks. Examples are the application of innovative technologies and topics like networking of energy infrastructure components.
Transmission & Distribution
Fichtner Consulting Engineers (India) Pvt. Ltd. Announced as an Authorized Representative in India for Power Line Systems, Inc., USA.
Powerline Systems linkhttps://www.powerlinesystems.com/news
Press Release Linkhttps://www.powerlinesystems.com/classes
Training on TOWER Software - January 28th and 29th 2021
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Building Information Modeling widely referred as BIM in the AEC industry is quite different from the conventional drawing based engineering. BIM process involves development of an intelligent data-rich 3D model environment which is shared among all participants working in the project throughout the lifecycle of the project from concept to commissioning, operations and maintenance of the facility until demolition. During concept stage of the project BIM enables the owners and other stake holders to visualize possible iterations before finalizing the most desired plan of the facility they develop. Also BIM enables achieving a clash free model fully loaded with all the services like HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection system, etc. before the drawings go toconstruction site. BIM helps managing the facility during operations and maintenance stage by way of facilitating easy identification of problem areas and rectification measures.
- Promoting mixed land use in area based developments–planning for ‘unplanned areas’ containing a range of compatible activities thereby making land use more efficient.
- Housing and inclusiveness - expand housing opportunities for all;
- Creating walkable localities –reduce congestion, air pollution and resource depletion, boost local economy, promote interactions and ensure security. The road network is created or refurbished not only for vehicles and public transport, but also for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Preserving and developing open spaces - parks, playgrounds, and recreational spaces in order to enhance the quality of life of citizens, reduce the urban heat effects and generally promote eco-balance;
- Ensuring proper sanitation,drainage and waste disposal. Providing adequate and safe drinking water and reliable power supply.
- Promoting a variety of transport options - Transit Oriented Development (TOD), public transport and last mile para-transport connectivity;
- Making governance citizen-friendly and cost effective - to bring about accountability and transparency, facilitating feedback systems and using online monitoring of development programmes and activities
- Giving an identity to the city - based on its main economic activity, such as local cuisine, health, education, arts and craft, culture, sports goods, furniture, hosiery, textile, dairy, etc;
- Applying Smart Solutions to infrastructure and services in area-based development in order to make them better. Providing robust IT connectivity and digitalization.
Fichtner India is part of a consortium which has been awarded the PMC contract for the implementation of the Smart City project for the city of Davanagare, Karnataka state. The contract calls for, amongst other projects, upgradation of infrastructure like roads, sewers and drains, provision of roof top solar facilities etc. Engineering work has commenced in January 2017.